QL1 Firmware V4.00 (Previous version)
Unfortunately we have identified a new bug with V4.00 firmware. Under certain conditions, fader values will not be changed when the fader is moved manually.
The symptom will occur when the following two conditions are matched.
 An attempt is made to move at least 8 of the unassigned faders.
This symptom can be avoided in the following way.
Do not select any CUSTOM FADER BANK if it results in more than 8 unassigned faders to be shown on the panel.
Fully assign all CUSTOM FADER BANKS to avoid the symptom.
When using DCA ROLL-OUT, don’t move the blank faders.
[B] Workaround (if the symptom occurs)
Please select another fader bank that has all faders assigned, instead of the CUSTOM FADER BANK. If DCA ROLL-OUT is used, cancel the DCA selection. (After this, normal operation will resume).
We are sincerely sorry for this inconvenience. Please follow these instructions when using V4.00 until fixed firmware is released.
Use this file to update QL5/1 to V4.00. Please read the following instructions before updating
Caution when updating
- Use the "ql*_firm400.zip" (* is the model number) when updating.
- Copy file "MQLP4_00.PGM" to the root directory of the USB memory. Follow the instructions on the update guide.
- You need to update the Dante firmware if you update the QL firmware to V4.00 from V1.08 or older. You can now update the Dante firmware for QL also by using the USB memory starting from this version. This method allows you to update both the firmware and the "MQLP4_00.PGM" file together at the same time.
- You also need to update the Dante firmware. You can now update the Dante firmware for QL also by using the USB memory. This method allows you to update both the firmware and the "MQLP4_00.PGM" files together at the same time.
- If the message "NAME SUB CPU is old" appears after updating to V4.00, copy "QL-MD103.BIN" file in QL*_firm400/NAME SUB (* is the model number) to the root directory of the USB memory. Follow the instructions on the update guide. This method allows you to update both the Dante firmware and the "MQLP4_00.PGM" files together at the same time.
- Before copying files, delete all files with extension .PGM and .BIN if any exists in the root directory of the USB memory.
- Prior to V3.0, the CL and QL Series used different files when updating, but both files used the same name * "C-MD1.BIN." For this reason, an error may occur during update when the incorrect "C-MD1.BIN" file is used or left in the root directory, and the TOUCH AND TURN knob will become inoperable. In order to recover from this mistake, copy the downloaded QL firmware file "QL-MD103.BIN" in the directory (\ql*_firm400\NAME SUB (* is the model number)) to the root directory of the USB memory. Follow the instructions on the update guide. Updating Dante firmware by using a USB memory takes approximately 10 minutes.
Please do not use the EEE function (*) of network switches in a Dante network.
Although power management should be negotiated automatically in switches that support EEE, some switches do not perform the negotiation properly. This may cause EEE to be enabled in Dante networks when it is not appropriate, resulting in poor synchronization performance and occasional dropouts.Therefore we strongly recommend that:
- 1. If you use managed switches, ensure that they allow EEE to be disabled. Make sure that EEE is disabled on all ports used for real-time Dante traffic.
- 2. If you use unmanaged switches, make sure to not use network switches that support EEE
- * EEE (Energy Efficient Ethernet) is a technology that reduces switch power consumption during periods of low network traffic. It is also known as Green Ethernet and IEEE802.3az.
Cautions for Dante Firmware
- You need to update the Dante-MY16-AUD firmware to V3.3.9 or later before using the Dante-MY16-AUD with the QL series.
- The Dante Firmware Update Manager v22.214.171.124 for Mac does not support Mac OS X 10.6.8.
Please use Mac OS X 10.7.5, 10.8.5, 10.9.5, 10.10.x, or 10.11.x
- The Dante Firmware Update Manager v126.96.36.199 for Windows does not support Windows XP.
Please use Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, or Windows 10.
- We found a problem in which the Dante settings might not be properly initialized when the firmware is updated, which results in data inconsistency between the CL/QL console and the R series units. This might occur only when the Dante Latency was set to 0.25ms or 0.5ms. Therefore, after updating, it is recommend to briefly change the Latency to 1.0ms on the console with the Console ID #1, then restore the original setting again. This will remove the possible data inconsistency between the console and the mounted R series units. However, Dante Controller will be needed to manually change the settings of R series units that are not mounted on the console with Console ID #1.
CL/QL/RIVAGE/R/Tio Series Editor/Firmware/R Remote Compatibility
Please make sure to use appropriate version of CL Editor or QL Editor which is compatible with your console firmware in reference to the following compatibility chart. Using an unsupported Editor/firmware combination may result in unexpected behavior.
The Firmware Set is a set of main (and sub) firmware of the device and the Dante firmware. The version of Firmware Set is the same as the version of the main firmware. Refer to the release note of each firmware about the details of the Firmware Set.
Main Revisions and Enhancements
- You can use the following amount of CL/QL/R Remote units to remotely control each device unit (listed at left).
RSio64-D/Tio1608-D: Maximum of two CL/QL/R Remote units
RMio64-D: Maximum of six CL/QL/R Remote units
Rio/Ri/Ro: Maximum of four CL/QL units plus two separate computers operating R Remote.
- You can connect maximum of ten iOS devices operating MonitorMix.
New Features in V4.00
- Added new “Precise,” “Aggressive,” and “Smooth” Channel EQ algorithms.
- Added new “MBC4” (multiband compressor) Premium Rack device.
- Now supports controlling and monitoring for Shure ULXD4D and ULXD4Q Digital Wireless Receivers.
- Added the Solo Mode (solo in place) to control input and output solo functions via the CUE keys.
- Added the Second Cue Bus function which allows the MATRIX 7/8 bus to be used as a CUE B bus.
- Now supports the “MonitorMix” iPhone application which allows wireless control of send levels to the mix bus. Up to ten devices running MonitorMix can be used simultaneously.
- Now supports GEQ gain control from the TOUCH AND TURN knobs.
- Now supports the Tio1608-D I/O Rack head amp control.
- The COMPRESSOR and the EXPANDER of the DYNAMICS1 now support Key in Filter.
- Added the MUTE GROUP ASSIGN, BUS SETUP, and SURROUND SETUP options to the FOCUS RECALL/RECALL SAFE/GLOBAL PASTE. Also added the LR nominal setting of each input channel to the TO ST as a target parameter.
- Now the MASTER channel of the FADER BANK A now supports the custom fader function.
- Added AVIOM D400 and Yamaha MRX7-D to the supported Dante devices.
Improvements in V4.00
- The version number, when the memorized contents of each category correspond to that version’s specifications, is shown in the FILE LOAD function.
- You can now stack the OUT and DCA IN with LAST CUE, just as with the MIX CUE.
Fixed bugs in V4.00
- Solved a problem in which the SCENE 000 data was transferred via MIDI when recalling a Library of the Buss Comp 369.
- When an RSio64-D is not mounted, loading a console file which includes the information for mounting with an RSio64-D would cause initialization of the user patching. The problem occurs because the console could not get the device information properly.
- V4.00 console and editor are not able to load the data which has been made on the QL V1.00 or CL V1.70/V2.00, and will show the warning message "Out of Range". When using data from those older versions, it needs to be saved first on V3.10 editor or V3.11 console before loading into a V4.00 console or editor.
- If Dante Virtual Soundcard (DVS) is patched to the QL series device using Dante Controller, the patching may not be recalled correctly when the QL series device is restarted. Patch DVS again. In addition, when using a version of DVS for Windows that is older than v3.2.0, the patch after CH41 cannot be performed from QL series consoles.
- When setting up the latency in Dante Controller, and there is a discrepancy in latency with the transmit device or the receive device, the largest (slowest) latency setting becomes effective.
- The following device labels are used for detecting a SUPPORTED DEVICE.
Y###-**********# is a three-digit hexadecimal number containing the digits 0 - 9 and uppercase A - F (000 - FFF)indicates any desired character (alphabetical uppercase or lowercase, numerals, or -(hyphen) may be used)Up to 31 characters including the 'Y' are supported.For the R-series, make sure that the ID indicated by Y###- is not duplicated by any other R-series unit.
- In the QL firmware V1.08 or later, you can remotely control the internal HA of a QL series by using the Port to Port function, from additional QL series or CL series (firmware V2.03 or later) consoles, but be aware of the following restrictions:
- In the case of QL5, you can remotely control the internal HA from external consoles only when Input 1-32 are patched to Dante Output 33-64 respectively, using the Port to Port functionality (default settings). Likewise, in case of QL1, it works only when Input 1-16 are patched to Dante Output 17-32 (the default patching needs to be changed).- If the HA channel is incorrectly patched from the QL console, through Dante, to the other console, the A.GAIN knob display of the corresponding channel will disappear. In that case, please check the patch settings including Port to Port.
- Custom fader bank settings are not only included in user settings, but in scene data as well. The custom fader bank settings that are recalled vary depending on the logged-in user, the type of the loaded data, and the version. Please note the following points:
- If you load console data of the ALL type as Administrator, the custom fader bank settings for the saved Administrator are recalled. If you load ALL data as Guest or another user, the custom fader bank settings for the saved current scene are called up.- If you load ALL data that was saved in CL V1.70 or earlier, since scenes do not include custom fader bank settings, the custom fader bank settings for the current scene when the load was performed are applied to all scenes. Therefore, before loading ALL data, we recommend that you either change users to set the custom fader bank to the desired setting, or that you enable Recall Safe for the custom fader bank.
- File Converter V3.0.0, compatible with CL firmware V2.00, V3 and V4.00, and QL firmware V3 and V4.00, has been made available for use.
Licensavtal och nedladdning av fil
PLEASE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SOFTWARE. YOU ARE ONLY PERMITTED TO USE THIS SOFTWARE PURSUANT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT IS BETWEEN YOU (AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR LEGAL ENTITY) AND YAMAHA CORPORATION ("YAMAHA").
BY DOWNLOADING OR INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE OR OTHERWISE RENDERING IT AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, COPY, OR OTHERWISE USE THIS SOFTWARE. IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED OR INSTALLED THE SOFTWARE AND DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, PROMPTLY DELETE THE SOFTWARE.
GRANT OF LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Yamaha hereby grants you the right to use the programs and data files composing the software accompanying this Agreement, and any programs and files for upgrading such software that may be distributed to you in the future with terms and conditions attached (collectively, “SOFTWARE”), only on a computer, musical instrument or equipment item that you yourself own or manage. While ownership of the storage media in which the SOFTWARE is stored rests with you, the SOFTWARE itself is owned by Yamaha and/or Yamaha’s licensor(s), and is protected by relevant copyright laws and all applicable treaty provisions.
- You may not engage in reverse engineering, disassembly, decompilation or otherwise deriving a source code form of the SOFTWARE by any method whatsoever.
- You may not reproduce, modify, change, rent, lease, or distribute the SOFTWARE in whole or in part, or create derivative works of the SOFTWARE.
- You may not electronically transmit the SOFTWARE from one computer to another or share the SOFTWARE in a network with other computers.
- You may not use the SOFTWARE to distribute illegal data or data that violates public policy.
- You may not initiate services based on the use of the SOFTWARE without permission by Yamaha Corporation.
Copyrighted data, including but not limited to MIDI data for songs, obtained by means of the SOFTWARE, are subject to the following restrictions which you must observe.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be used for any commercial purposes without permission of the copyright owner.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be duplicated, transferred, or distributed, or played back or performed for listeners in public without permission of the copyright owner.
- The encryption of data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be removed nor may the electronic watermark be modified without permission of the copyright owner.
If any copyright law or provisions of this Agreement is violated, the Agreement shall terminate automatically and immediately without notice from Yamaha. Upon such termination, you must immediately destroy the licensed SOFTWARE, any accompanying written documents and all copies thereof.
If you believe that the downloading process was faulty, you may contact Yamaha, and Yamaha shall permit you to re-download the SOFTWARE, provided that you first destroy any copies or partial copies of the SOFTWARE that you obtained through your previous download attempt. This permission to re-download shall not limit in any manner the disclaimer of warranty set forth in Section 5 below.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY ON SOFTWARE
You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the SOFTWARE is at your sole risk. The SOFTWARE and related documentation are provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AS TO THE SOFTWARE, EXPRESS, AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YAMAHA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YAMAHA’S ENTIRE OBLIGATION HEREUNDER SHALL BE TO PERMIT USE OF THE SOFTWARE UNDER THE TERMS HEREOF. IN NO EVENT SHALL YAMAHA BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EXPENSES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF YAMAHA OR AN AUTHORIZED DEALER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In no event shall Yamaha's total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed the amount paid for the SOFTWARE.
THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE
Third party software and data ("THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE") may be attached to the SOFTWARE. If, in the written materials or the electronic data accompanying the Software, Yamaha identifies any software and data as THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, you acknowledge and agree that you must abide by the provisions of any Agreement provided with the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE and that the party providing the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE is responsible for any warranty or liability related to or arising from the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. Yamaha is not responsible in any way for the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE or your use thereof.
- Yamaha provides no express warranties as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. IN ADDITION, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha shall not provide you with any service or maintenance as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha is not liable to you or any other person for any damages, including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, expenses, lost profits, lost data or other damages arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS NOTICE:
The Software is a "commercial item," as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct 1995), consisting of "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation," as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.72024 (June 1995), all U.S. Government End Users shall acquire the Software with only those rights set forth herein
This Agreement shall be interpreted according to and governed by Japanese law without reference to principles of conflict of laws. Any dispute or procedure shall be heard before the Tokyo District Court in Japan. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any portion of this Agreement to be unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to use of the SOFTWARE and any accompanying written materials and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding the subject matter of this Agreement. No amendment or revision of this Agreement will be binding unless in writing and signed by a fully authorized representative of Yamaha.
- Previous versions information
- QL1 Firmware V5.01
- QL1 Firmware V5.00
- QL1 Firmware V4.51
- QL1 Firmware V4.50
- QL1 Firmware V4.10-2
- QL1 Firmware V4.04-2
- QL1 Firmware V4.02
- QL1 Firmware V4.01
- QL1 Firmware V4.00
- QL1 Firmware V3.11-2
- QL1 Firmware V3.10
- QL1 Firmware V3.02
- QL1 Firmware V1.08
- QL1 Firmware V1.07
- QL1 Firmware V1.02-2